How do you know when your cake is ready to come out of the oven? Here are my 5 top tips!
Watching that oven like a hawk... This photo could have been a picture of my daughter really, she's annoyingly drawn to the hot, lit-up oven!
These are my five sure-fire ways to tell your cake is ready. Knowing when a chocolate cake is baked properly is especially difficult, so I hope these tips help.
Picture from WestEnd61
Your cake is ready when...
1. The edges of the cake will start to pull away from the sides of the tin.
2. Your kitchen smells divine!
3. A toothpick or skewer comes out clean - my favourite tip, test in the middle of the cake.
4. The cake springs back when gently poked (not always the case for vegan or gluten free cakes, be warned).
5. Light coloured sponges are golden brown, or chocolate cakes are matte, not shiny.
Pretty soon these signs your cake is baked will become second nature for you to recognise. And if you can't be doing with all this, I'm always here (South Wales) for a delivery!
For Goodness Cake
Welcome to the For Goodness Cake blog! Most posts are by myself, Louise, but if you fancy guest blogging, give me a shout!