It's NationaL Baking Week! From 14-20th October, the nation shall celebrate/Bake/Eat cake (even more)!
This week is great. I am not going to pretend it's 'just another week of...' national campaign. Baking is fab, and we should celebrate it!
1. Home baked cake tastes AMAZING.
2. Baking makes your house smell DIVINE.
3. It's a form of therapy (for me, at least!)
4. Baking is creative - sprinkle, shape, flavour away!
5. It can be experimental - why not try something new?
6. And above all, baking makes other people happy - when you share!
So what do I personally plan to do to celebrate this diary date?
1. I am going to give 2020's Bake Off the benefit of the doubt and try an episode or two. I don't like Matt Lucas in many things, but a friend assures me he's not in it that much really, so I may survive an episode! I watched last year, but I felt a bit 'over it' to be honest... life just feels weird without it!
2. I'm going to be baking for you guys, of course! This week I have already got some cupcakes, a birthday cake, and a carrot cake booked in, with more orders sure to follow. Most orders come in with around 3-5 days notice, but take note, I can often do next day, so don't despair if you've forgotten someone special!
3. I'm going to be practising my Halloween cake themes - stay tuned for the first photos from tomorrow!
4. Friday I'm off to a pumpkin patch with friends, so I may well be baking my first pumpkin pie. National Baking Week doesn't have to be just about cake! If you have any fail-safe recipes for this, do send them over...
Do you have any exciting baking plans for this week? Let me know in the comments below!
Welcome to the For Goodness Cake blog! Most posts are by myself, Louise, but if you fancy guest blogging, give me a shout!